The group was created in November of 2007 by Gabi Campanario and set the foundation for the Urban Sketchers blog (Nov. 2008) and a nonprofit organization dedicated to fostering the art of on-location drawing (Dec. 2009.)
Urban Sketchers Manifesto
• We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
• Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
• Our drawings are a record of time and place.
• We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
• We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
• We support each other and draw together.
• We share our drawings online.
• We show the world, one drawing at a time.
(taken from http://www.flickr.com/groups/urbansketches/)
To see other urban sketchers' work click here
This is a sketch I did while stuck in traffic on C5 road. This is the road I have to pass all the time to get to my new condo :) I absolutely despise this road since its always filled with traffic whenever we're there! hehe but thats because its where the toll booth is at. :) Didn't sketch the road though I was admiring the palm trees as well as the old rundown buildings in the area.